| || |
|Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott|
The Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott is a five-story, 110 bedroom hotel covering 57,028 square feet, located at 3211 E. East Garvey Avenue. Completion of the hotel is anticipated for 2010.
- 9/2009: Marriott's contractor is working on laying the foundation for the hotel.
- 10/2009: Installation of the first floor walls is underway.
- 11/2009: The wood framing for the remaining floors is under construction.
- 12/2009: The first floor interior wall framing is complete, the ceiling is being installed, and preparations for the second story have begun.
- 1/2010: The wood framing for the second story has commenced.
- 2/2010: Marriott is close to completion of the second floor wood framing.
- 3/2010: Marriott is continuing the wood framing for the 2nd floor and has started the on third floor. Electrical and mechanical installation has started on the first floor.
- 4/2010: The wood framing on the fifth floor has begun. Mechanical, plumbing and electrical work continues on the lower floors.
- 5/2010: The framing for the shell of the hotel building continues, having started on the 5th floor.
- 6/2010: The fifth floor framing and the exterior sheathing (walls) are nearing completion. Installation of the windows has commenced.
- 7/2010: Framing has commenced for the roof and sheathing of the exterior walls is nearing completion.
- 8/2010: The roof sheathing has been completed, construction continues on the interior plumbing, and electrical work.
- 9/2010: The shell and roof are anticipated to be completed this month. Stucco for the building will commence thereafter.
- 10/2010: The building is starting to be wrapped in preparation for stucco. Interior work continues on plumbing, mechanical and electrical.
- 11/2010: The building has been sealed and the stucco is starting to be applied. Interior work includes of installation of the insulation and drywall.
- 12/2010: Exterior painting is nearing completion and installation of roofing is complete.
- 1/2011: Exterior paint is being applied. Interior work includes completing installation of the drywall and start of paint, and flooring. The elevators are completed. The site work is anticipated to start this month.
- 2/2011: Interior improvements include paint application for the rooms and lobby. The wallpaper, carpet have been installed and the furniture is starting to go in.
- 3/2011: Construction has commenced on the pool and exterior site work for the parking lot. The work for the interior finishes has commenced including the placement of the hotel furniture.
- 4/2011: West Covina's first Marriott brand hotel, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, opened its doors on April 12, 2011 to guests visiting the West Covina area.
- 9/2011: On September 2, 2011 the Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites unveiled "Ancient Voyage," a public arts sculpture by world-renowned marine life artist Wyland.