| || |
|The Heights at West Covina|
The Heights at West Covina Shopping Center is a new 340,000 square foot retail center located just south of Big League Dreams Sports Park. The center is the result of the Community Development Commission's vision to turn the former BKK landfill into a first-class shopping center. The Heights is anchored by Home Depot and Target stores.
- West Covina's second Target opened for business on March 5, 2008 located at 2370 S Azusa.
- Home Depot opened for business on April 3, 2008 located at 2220 S Azusa Avenue.
- PetSmart located at 2350 S. Azusa Avenue opened for business April 5, 2008.
- Staples located at 2330 S. Azusa Avenue opened for business June 28, 2008.
- Happy Nails located at 2360 S. Azusa Avenue opened on July 8, 2009.
- An Art Unveiling and Grand Opening ceremony was held July 16, 2008 for the art sculptures and the food court (Quiznos, Round Table, Jamba Juice, Panda Express).
- GameStop opened its doors on July 8, 2009 located at 2360 S. Azusa Avenue.
- SportsClips opened for business on December 6, 2008 located at 2360 S Azusa Avenue.
- Chronic Tacos located at 2260 S. Azusa Avenue opened on January 26, 2009.
- Doors opened on February 4, 2009 for business for West Covina's second Fresh & Easy location at 2340 S Azusa Avenue.
- 3/2009: West Covina's first Ruby Tuesday's restaurant started serving their famous hamburgers on September 30, 2008 located at 2200 S. Azusa Avenue.
- 5/2009: Wells Fargo has completed exterior painting and is beginning interior tenant improvements.
- As of June 15, 2009, Wells Fargo is open for business.