| || |
|Westfield Eastland Renovation|
Westfield is currently working towards tenanting vacancies within the center. The former Circuit City (33,471 sq ft), the former Hollywood Building (6,592 sq. ft.), and the Levitz/Mervyn's (121,423 sq ft) spaces will be reconfigured to accommodate future tenants. The CDC is providing Westfield with marketing and entitlement assistance.
Westfield is making façade improvements to the Avenue Shops, located along Workman Avenue between Starbucks and CVS Pharmacy.
- 2/2011: Rehabilitation of the façade has begun.
- 3/2011: The façade improvements have been completed.
Former Circuit City
The former Circuit City building (33,471 sq ft) will be undergoing interior and exterior improvements to accommodate future tenants who include; PetSmart (17,812 sq ft), The Habit Burger (2,200 sq ft), and Pacific Fish Grill (2,200 sq ft).
- 1/2011: Westfield has completed the interior demolition and has started the framing for the reconfiguration of the former Circuit City building into multiple tenants spaces.
- 2/2011: Westfield continues working on converting the building into multiple spaces for future tenants including exterior façade improvements.
- 3/2011: PetSmart and the Habit Burger have started their tenant improvements. Westfield is currently working on completing exterior work including the sidewalk for the new store entrances.
- 4/2011: The Habit Burger is completing their tenant improvements. Pacific Fish Grill is working on their interior framing and PetSmart is completing their drywall installation.
- 5/2011: On May 4, 2011 The Habit Burger opened for business.
- 6/2011: On June 27, 2011 PetSmart opened its doors for business. Exterior paint is being applied, furniture is being installed, and façade improvements are nearing completion for Pacific Fish Grill.
- 7/2011: On July 27, 2011 Pacific Fish Grill opened its doors serving delectable seafood. Dollar Tree has stated construction on their tenant improvements.
- 8/2011: Construction continues on new Dollar Tree store. Awning has been installed under sign.
- 9/2011: Dollar Tree opened doors to its newest West Covina location on September 23, 2011.
Former Mervyn's and Levitz Spaces
Westfield is reconfiguring the former Mervyn’s and Levitz spaces into a dark shell in preparation for potential future tenants.
- 10/2011 Interior demolition has commenced in preparation for (a) future tenant(s).
New Restaurant Pad
Westfield is reconfiguring the former Hollywood Video Building to accommodate four tenants: Qdobda Mexican Grill, Waba Grill Teriyaki House, Menchies and Verizon Wireless.
- 6/2011: Westfield has started interior and some exterior demolition of the former Hollywood Building.
- 7/2011: Westfield is has started framing for the exterior of the shell.
- 8/2011: Façade improvements near completion. Pervious concrete has been poured for the front parking spaces, and the existing parking lot is being prepared for paving.
- 9/2011: Qdoba Mexican Grill and Menchie's Frozen Yogurt have begun their interior tenant improvements. Menchies has installed their signs and Qdoba Mexican Grill is completing interior paint and flooring.
| || |
|Qdoba Mexican Grill ||Menchie's Frozen Yogurt |
- 10/2011: Qdoba Mexican Grill opened to the public on October 2, 2011, serving fresh Mission-style burritos with fresh ingredients. Texturizing, tile work, and paint have been applied to the interior walls of Menchie's. Waba Grill has begun metal framework and trenching for underground utilities.
- 11/2011: Menchie's opened for business on November 1, 2011, serving their delicious frozen yogurt. Waba Grill is continuing interior tenant improvements.
- 6/2011: On June 2, 2011 Styles for Less opened its doors to customers at its first West Covina location, 2753 Eastland Center Drive (between Old Navy and Marshalls).
- 6/2011: Sonny's Salon has opened at the former Michael Paul's building.