| || |
|Councilmember Fred Sykes|
- Wife - Dana
- Children - Katharine and Freddy
- Professional Peace Officer
- West Covina City Council December 2011 - Current
- Retired L.A. County Deputy Sheriff (Honorably Served 33 years)
REGIONAL LEADERSHIP/COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS
- West Covina Lions Club (2011 – 2012 President)
- West Covina Historical Society
- L.A. County Sheriff’s Academy (Related Service Training & Education)
- California State University, Los Angeles
- Compton Community College, Compton, Ca. - Associate of Arts
- High School Diploma - Compton High School, Compton, California
Local Government Related Experience:
- City of West Covina Planning Commissioner (2009-2010)
- City of West Covina HR Commissioner (2008-2009)
- Vigorous advocate for the residents of West Covina at City Hall from 2006-present
Fred has lived in West Covina for more than 33 years. Fred is married to his wife Dana and they have a daughter who is attending college. Fred also has an adult son who is now a Deputy Sheriff for the County of Los Angeles. Since Fred comes from a family of seven children he knows how to listen, work in a group, how to be persistent and patient.
Fred is committed to making public safety the community’s number one priority and will work to provide additional recreational opportunities available in the City. Fred will also work tirelessly to ensure that our City is neighborhood oriented, maintain and retain the City's Green/Open Spaces, efficient Code Enforcement, prompt removal of Graffiti, promote our business community to help create jobs and expand West Covina businesses.
Prior to being elected to the West Covina City Council Fred was a Community Activist and he is an active member of the West Covina Lions Club, West Covina Beautiful, the West Covina Historical Society, and The Association for Los Angeles Deputy Sheriffs (ALADS).
Fred has spent his entire adult life protecting and caring for people.