| || |
|Thursday, March 10, 2005|
-Senior Citizens Commission Meeting-
||Thursday, March 10, 2005
||West Covina Senior Center
2501 E. Cortez Street, Rooms 19 & 20
CITY OF WEST COVINA
SENIOR CITIZENS COMMISSION
Chair George J. Gliaudys, Jr.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON AGENDA ITEMS, PLEASE CONTACT THE COMMUNITY SERVICES OFFICE, ROOM 205 OF THE WEST COVINA CITY HALL LOCATED AT 1444 W. GARVEY AVE., WEST COVINA, CA 91790. THE CITY COMPLIES WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA). IF YOU NEED SPECIAL ASSISTANCE AT THIS MEETING, THE CITY WILL TRY TO ACCOMMODATE YOU IN EVERY REASONABLE MANNER. PLEASE CALL (626) 814-8430 (VOICE) OR (626) 960-4422 (TDD) FROM 8:00 A.M. TO 5:00 P.M., MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY. NOTICE OF FOUR WORKING DAYS MAY BE REQUIRED.
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG/MOMENT OF SILENT MEDITATION
III. ROLL CALL OF COMMISSIONERS:
Casanova, Gliaudys, Hughes, Newlin, Solis
IV. MINUTES FOR APPROVAL
Minutes of the Regular Meeting of February 10, 2005
V. PUBLIC COMMUNICATION ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
At this time any member of the public may bring a matter to the attention of the Commission. The Ralph M. Brown Act limits the Commissions' ability to respond to comments on non-agendized matters, though your comments may be agendized for a future meeting. The Commission may discuss or ask questions for clarification, if desired, at this time.
VI. COMMISSION BUSINESS
- A. Funding Recommendations for Community Development Block Grant Application for FY 2005-2006 - Kelly McDonald
Attachment: Public Service Project Applicants FY 2005-2006
It is recommended that the Commission approve the CDBG Funding recommendations for FY 2005-2006.
Motion by __________, second by __________,
to ____________________. Approved by __________.
VII. OLD BUSINESS
- Senior Meal Program Registration Update - Vanessa Carter
- Computer Lab Password Protection Resolution - Vanessa Carter
- Taxi Voucher Program Funding - Scott Smilowitz
VIII. NEW BUSINESS
- Senior Center Visits Survey - Scott Smilowitz
- L.A. Homeless Services Authority - Service Planning Area 3 (SPA 3) Boundaries Attachment - Vanessa Carter
- Security Issues at Senior Center/Police Department - Vanessa Carter
Guest Speaker, West Covina Police Officer Pete Mena
- Congresswoman Hilda Solis Office Grant Funding Report -
Guest Speaker, Anela Freeman, Field Representative/Grants Coordinator
- West Covina Library Program - Marilee Marrero
IX. STAFF INFORMATIONAL REPORTS
- Senior Citizens Advisory and Support Board Minutes
Attached Minutes - Vanessa Carter
X. COMMISSIONER REPORTS/COMMENTS
- Individual Reports/Comments on Activities
- Discussion on Future Topics/Interests for Commission Focus
XI. ADJOURNMENT - To the regular meeting scheduled for Thursday, APRIL 14, 2005 at 3:00 p.m. in Room 19 & 20, North Wing, West Covina Senior Citizens Center, 2501 E. Cortez Street, West Covina, California.