The City of West Covina is partnering with SCORE, a nonprofit association that provides free and confidential business advice, to help start, grow, and maintain businesses throughout the city. West Covina is excited to bring this resource to our local business community. SCORE offers business mentoring, resources, workshops, online workshops, and much more to help businesses grow and succeed.
Partially funded by the United States Small Business Administration (SBA), SCORE has over 300 chapters with thousands of volunteer business counselors across the country to provide services such as business advice on every aspect of business planning, start-up, management and growth. Other services include workshops and seminars on topics that are customized to the needs of the local business community.
As a result of the City proactive efforts to partner with SCORE, the partnership has allowed SCORE to start an East San Gabriel Valley SCORE chapter.
Please visit the East San Garbiel Valley SCORE Chapter website to schedule a one-on-on mentoring session, get additional information on services offered, or for upcoming workshops/seminars. In addition to see available webinars available through the East San Gabriel Valley chapter please go to their webpage for Take a Workshop.
|9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Alternate Monday’s|
|West Covina City Hall|
|Community & Economic Development|
|Room 218 on the 2nd Floor|
Please check the City's calendar for dates.
Upcoming Workshop(s) (6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.):
- January 25, 2018: "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About SBA Loans"
- February 22, 2018: "Secrets to Buying a Franchise"
- March 29, 2018: "How to Obtain Business Credit"
- April 26, 2018: "The Power of PPC Advertising: Google AdWords In Action"
- May 2, 2018: "Starting and Refreshing a Business"
- June 28, 2018: "Staying Current with Employment Laws"
- August 2, 2018: "Photography Workshop for Business - Make Your Images Pop!"
- August 30, 2018: "Marketing and Promotion: Finding Your Niche"
- September 27, 2018: "The Best Customer Service Starts with the Basics"
- October 25, 2018: TBD
- November 8, 2018: TBD
Location for all workshops- City Hall: Council Chambers (1444 West Garvey Avenue South)
For information on the workshop topic please link to the calendar event. Workshop topics will be posted the month of the workshop.