On October 17, 2016, the Agency received an unsolicited Letter of Intent (LOI) from Singpoli Group LLC (Singpoli) for the purchase of three of the Agency assets located at the BKK Landfill site (130-acres), and rights to the area on the top deck the Agency has under license (84.27-acres). At the November 7, 2017, City Council meeting, Singpoli unveiled their development proposal seeking to develop the Agency parcels at the BKK Landfill site into an equestrian training facility along with an adventure park and various other uses.
- Proposed Development Project Overview
- Successor Agency Assets
- Proposed Site Plan
- Contact / Provide Feedback
The proposed development includes the following components, a hotel, virtual reality (VR) park, horse training facility with event space and pavilion, horse barns and stalls, aerial adventure park (zip line), a solar and greenhouse program, and a K-9 training facility. Each component will feature:
The hotel will include approximately 270 rooms and 20,000 square feet of meeting space and banquet facilities on approximately 3-4 acres.
- Virtual-Reality (VR) Park
The VR Park will provide experiences similar to Disneyland’s “Soarin’ Around the World” or Universal Studio’s “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.” The VR Park will encompass approximately 5 acres.
- Horse Training Facility
The Horse training facility will include a track the size of Arcadia’s Santa Anita Park for training purposes only, no formal racing or betting would be conducted on the site. As Santa Anita Park hosts events in the infield for family-friendly carnivals and cultural festivals, Singpoli is proposing to similarly take advantage of the infield space to enable a wide variety of events for the community to enjoy.
- Equestrian Center
The proposed Equestrian Center will provide approximately 47 barns with 1,400 horse stalls to service the training facility and as well as an employee village including 264 dormitories with a cafeteria and recreation center.
- Adventure Park
The Adventure park will feature a zipline, aerial park, and rock climbing.
- Hiking Trails
The project proposes to include trails that will connect to the Galster Wilderness Park Nature Center and the Los Angeles County trail in the City of Walnut.
- K-9 facility
The facility will provide the West Covina Police Department a local training facility for the K-9 team and provide a much-needed facility in the region.
- Solar Greenhouse Concept
A new solar greenhouse concept is included in the proposed development. New solar technology allows solar panels to be translucent enough to allow sunlight through. As it is a common use for landfills to have solar farms, this new technology allows additional use of the site. The solar panels act as the roof to the greenhouse, allowing agriculture to grow in raised planters so as to not disturb the landfill cap. The solar panels also collect rainwater that can be used to water the plants/crops in the greenhouse. As the site is a former landfill, there would be measures taken to ensure the safety of the food grown on the site. Singpoli would partner with a proven solar energy developer for this component of the project.
- Community Meetings:
- Previous City Council Meetings:
- December 19, 2017 @ 7:00 p.m. City Hall - ENA with Singpoli for Proposed Development
- April 3, 2018 @ 7:00 p.m. City Hall - Update on ENA with Singpoli Group LLC (Carried over to April 17, 2018 meeting)
- April 17, 2018 @ 7:00 p.m. City Hall - Update on ENA with Singpoli Group LLC
- June 5, 2018 @ 7:00 p.m. City Hall - Extension of ENA with Singpoli Group LLC
- Upcoming City Council Meetings:
- November 20, 2018 @ 7:00 p.m. City Hall - ENA Extension
For agendas and staff reports please visit the Meeting & Agenda page
- Successor Agency Assets Aerial
- Singpoli Proposed Site Plan
- Staff Report - November 7, 2017 City Council meeting
- To provide your comments about the proposed development project to Singpoli please visit the website below or email: