Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Reporting
The purpose of the system is to offer City employees, residents, contractors, and any other party an avenue to report
- Any City-related activity or conduct in which he/she suspects instances of fraud, waste, or abuse, and
- City-related violations of certain federal or state laws and regulations relating to fraud, waste and abuse as defined in California Government Code §53087.6(f)(2).
How to Report?
Any employee, contractor, or resident who discovers or suspects inappropriate activity can report in several ways. You can remain anonymous and do not need to provide your personal information. Reporting can occur by:
- Hotline Reporting – calling the City’s third party reporting firm at 1-844-529-8292
- Preferred Method, with over 180 languages and a live person 24/7.
- Online Reporting – web intake form at www.reportlineweb.com/cityofwestcovina
What to Report?
We need sufficient information to properly investigate your complaint. The following information is needed to begin and continue processing of a complaint/concern when the misconduct involves a City of West Covina employee, a City contractor, or organization doing business with the City:
- The name of the individuals or organization
- Specific information regarding the misconduct
- Circumstances surrounding how the alleged misconduct occurred
- Where or in what department the alleged misconduct occurred
- When the misconduct occurred
- If applicable, what would you like done about your complaint/concern
When reporting through Hotline Reporting or Online Reporting, you will be provided an incident number that will allow you to check on the status of the case. Additionally, if we need further information or documents, we will update the case records on the items or details we need you to provide. Thus, we ask that you check in periodically.