Shop Local After School Program
The new “Shop Local After School Program” is designed to encourage residents and visitors of West Covina to shop at local retailers that give back to local schools.
1/31/2017 5:49:00 PM
Management of cash flow is crucial when it comes to running a business. The City of West Covina and SCORE are hosting a “How to Know When your Cash Flow is Low” workshop on Thursday, February 23, 2017, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the West Covina Council Chambers (located at 1444 W. Garvey Avenue South, West Covina, CA 91790).
2/15/2017 2:26:54 PM
10:00 AMChildren's Book Club
As a general-law city, West Covina operates through the Council-Manager form of municipal government. The five City Council members are elected at large to overlapping terms of four years and annually select one of their members to serve as Mayor. The City Council is the legislative body responsible for the overall policies and direction for the City. They are the citizens' representatives in local government. The City Council appoints residents to serve on several commissions.
City Council Goals for Fiscal Year 2016-2017
- Build Financial Health and Economic Stability for the City
- Identify Resources and Opportunities to Provide Better Public Safety (Police and Fire) Services to the Community
- Complete General Plan Update
- Optimize Developable Land for the Brownfields (BKK) Land
- Update the City’s Municipal Code
- Seek Opportunities to Add Park and Recreational Space in the Community
- Develop a Pedestrian and Bike Master Plan
- Evaluate Future Uses for the Equestrian Center
- Complete the Glendora Avenue Specific Plan and Street Re-Design
- Provide Top Quality Customer Service
- Enhance Community Participation in Local Government
- Explore a Partnership with Local School Districts on After School Programs
- Complete the Soccer Complex at Orangewood Park
- Work with Plaza West Covina and Foothill Transit on a Transit Center
- Develop a Conceptual Plan for a New Aquatics Center