West Covina Small Business Week 2018
Register and attend #WCSBW2018 events, to learn about how you can make your business succeed.
4/19/2018 4:00:00 PM
Volunteer for Community Service Day
City to host a community "day of service" on Saturday, April 28th starting at 8am.
Attend SCORE's workshop and learn how your business can increase traffic flow to your website and to generate sales for your business.
4/17/2018 6:30:00 PM
As a general-law city, West Covina operates through the Council-Manager form of municipal government. The five City Council members are elected at large to overlapping terms of four years and annually select one of their members to serve as Mayor. The City Council is the legislative body responsible for the overall policies and direction for the City. They are the citizens' representatives in local government. The City Council appoints residents to serve on several commissions.
Mayor Pro Tem
City Council Goals for Fiscal Year 2017-2018
- Identify Resources and Opportunities to Provide Better Public Safety (Police and Fire) Services to the Community
- Build Financial Health and Economic Stability for the City
- Optimize Developable Land for the Brownfields (BKK) Land
- Seek Opportunities to Add Park and Recreational Space in the Community
- Develop an Active Transportation Plan
- Complete the Glendora Avenue Specific Plan and Street Re-Design
- Update City's IT Infrastructure
- Work with Plaza West Covina and Foothill Transit on a Transit Center
- Complete Improvements to Lower Plateau of Shadow Oak Park
- Identify Resources and Programs for Homeless Solutions
- Address NPDES Issues in the Community