The draft maps that will be discussed starting at the Council’s September 19th public hearing are included below.
The City Council wants to hear what you like and dislike about each map.
The City Council wants to know not just which map(s) you like or dislike, but why you feel that way about each map. These are the first drafts, not necessarily the final maps, and future versions can include revisions aimed at addressing the concerns raised by residents.
PROVIDE YOUR COMMENTS
You may provide your comments in several ways regarding the draft maps:
1. Attend the Public Hearing on Tuesday, September 19th at 7pm at the Council Chambers
2. Attend the Community Workshop on Saturday, October 7th at 10am at Cameron Community Center
3. Attend the Community Workshop on Thursday, October 12th at 6:30pm at the West Covina Senior Center
4. Email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, October 17th
5. Complete the online form to submit comments by Tuesday, October 17th
6. Mail/hand deliver your comments by Tuesday, October 17th to the City Clerk's Office, ATTN: Districts Staff, 1444 W. Garvey Avenue South, West Covina, CA 91790.
VIEW DRAFT MAPS
There were 16 maps submitted by members of the community and 3 maps created by the demographic consultants. The maps are labeled 101-116 for the maps submitted by members of the public and labeled Green, Purple, Yellow for maps submitted by the demographic consultants.
You can review all of the plans in the web viewer below:
NOTE: Four of the maps submitted by the public have issues that have led the demographic consultants to recommend the City Council not proceed further with those maps. They are Maps 102, 103, 104, and 107. These maps either do not have contiguous districts or exceed the maximum 10% population deviation between the districts.
Alternatively, you can view each map in a PDF format.
NDC Green Plan
Public Plan 103
Public Plan 104
Public Plan 105
Public Plan 106
Public Plan 107
Public Plan 108
Public Plan 109
Public Plan 110
Public Plan 111
Public Plan 112
Public Plan 113
Public Plan 114
Public Plan 115
Public Plan 116