West Covina City Partnership with AltaMed
WEST COVINA, CA, April 9, 2020 – The City has established a partnership with AltaMed to provide COVID-19 testing. The testing center is located at 1300 S. Sunset Avenue in West Covina. AltaMed has established a screening process for West Covina residents who are experiencing severe COVID-19 symptoms or who are considered high-risk. Mayor Wu, speaking for the City Council, expressed the City’s gratitude for this partnership affirming, “We want to do this right away, so we can be on top of this issue; We’re doing everything we can.”
If you are experiencing severe symptoms or feel you have been exposed to COVID-19, please follow the steps below to determine if testing is needed:
- Call 1-888-499-9303 before visiting the AltaMed location.
- If you are directed to visit an evaluation site, you will be screened from your car.
- Medical staff will conduct testing as appropriate to Public Health guidelines.
You will not have to pay for costs related to COVID-19 testing or screening.
Everyone can take the following steps to protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
- Avoid non-essential travel and large gatherings;
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others;
- Stay at home when you are sick;
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Use an alcohol-bases hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol;
- Avoid touching your face;
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue away; and
- Wear a cloth face covering to cover your nose and mouth when you need to leave your home.
Always check with trusted sources for the latest accurate information about COVID-19: