The City of West Covina is monitoring the evolving situation regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The City is closely following the guidance of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (Public Health) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to respond to recent reports of a novel (new) coronavirus. Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses, some causing respiratory illness in people and others that circulate mostly among animals. Common symptoms in an infected person include fever, cough and shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
City has now re-opened to the public under new public health practices. When visiting City Hall, please make sure you wear a mask and practice social distancing. We continue to be available online and by phone. Please see how to get hold of services that are not in-person:
- Police -
- Front Lobby is closed
- Non-emergency Police Reports can be completed online or by phone (626) 939-8500
(Forgery,child custody,harassing phone calls, lost property, theft, vandalism, vehicle burglary/tampering, non-injury hit and run, property damage)
- Police Records can be obtained by contacting WCPD Records Division (626) 939-8540
- Other services:
- Fire Station's (to the public)
- Cameron Community Center
- Shadow Oak Community Center
- Cortez Park Community & Senior Center
- Emergency Meal Service:
- Effective May 4, 2020 - Only home delivery service will continue. The drive-thru component of the meal program will be discontinued.
- To be placed on the wait-list for home delivery please call (626) 331-5366.
- Currently we are not providing meal delivery service to nonresidents. Please check with your local city.
- 60 years of age and older is considered a senior and eligible for the program.
- Currently due to the emergency situation, we are not able to provide a fully low sodium restricted diet.
- LA Regional Food Bank
- Non-perishable food boxes are distributed at the Senior Center.
- Food boxes are provided on a first come first serve basis while supplies last
- For Seniors 60+ with valid ID.
- Call (626) 331-5366 additional information
City Classes, Services, Rentals, and Trips have been cancelled until further notice: For trips, account credits are strongly encouraged. Credit card payments can be refunded to the card, Cash/Check payments will be refunded in 6-8 weeks.
Dial-A-Ride & Travel Time Tours will continue to offer their services.
Playgrounds are temporarily closed. The open park space is still available to walk, exercise, or spend time with your family. Residents must still comply with LA County Health order requiring social distancing guidelines and no gatherings of 10 people or more.
- All events are cancelled until further notice
City Council Meetings:
Governor Newsom issued Executive Orders (N-25-20 and N-29-20), which temporarily suspend certain requirements of the Brown Act. Pursuant to the Executive Orders, Council Members may attend City Council meetings telephonically and the City Council is not required to make available a physical location from which members of the public may observe the meeting and offer public comment.
On March 19, 2020, the Governor issued Executive Order N-33-20, directing that all individuals living in the State of California stay at home or their place of residence except as needed to maintain the continuity of operations of designated federal critical infrastructure sectors.
Consistent with the Governor’s Executive Orders, please be advised that the City Council Chambers are closed to the public and that some, or all, of the West Covina City Council Members may attend this meeting telephonically.
Due to the essential nature of City Council meetings in conducting official City business, the May 5, 2020 City Council meeting will take place as scheduled, with the following changes and additional opportunities to participate:
CHAMBERS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
The City Council Chambers will continue to be closed to the public.
E-MAILED PUBLIC COMMENT
Members of the public that wish to address the Council during public comment or a public hearing may submit public comments via e-mail to the City Clerk at City_Clerk@westcovina.org. The subject line should specify either:
“Public Comment – 5/5/2020” or
“Public Hearing – Item No. [ ] – 5/5/2020”
Please include your full name and address in your e-mail. The City Clerk will read emails received by 6:30PM the day of the Council meeting out loud into the public record.
All email comments must be received by 6:30PM the day of the meeting.
If you wish to address the Council by telephone during public comment or a public hearing, you may contact the City Clerk by email or by telephone to advise the City Clerk that you would like to address the Council during public comment or a public hearing.
If emailing such request, please send an email by 6:30 P.M. on the day of the Council meeting to City_Clerk@westcovina.org that includes your name, contact number, and item you wish to comment on, and you will be called during public comment. The subject line of your email should specify either “Public Comment – 5/5/2020” or “Public Hearing – Item No. [ ] – 5/5/2020”.
If you would like to make such request by phone, please contact the City Clerk at (626) 939-8433 by no later than 6:30 P.M. on the day of the Council meeting to make the request and provide your name, contact number, and the item you wish to speak on.
You must submit your phone number by 6:30 P.M. the day of the meeting, if you wish to speak.
LIVE STREAM/RECORDING OF CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS
Members of the public may watch City Council meetings live through the West Covina City YouTube channel at www.westcovina.org/LIVE. Council meeting videos are also posted to the City’s Video Archive on https://www.westcovina.org/departments/city-clerk/agendas-and-meetings/current-meetings-and-agendas.
For business closures please visit the City's page on Information & Resources for Businesses
For information on school closures please visit your School District's website:
- West Covina Unified School District
- Covina-Valley United School District
- Rowland Unified School District
- Walnut Valley Unified School District
- Hacienda La Puente Unified School District
- Baldwin Park Unified School District
- Bassett Unified School District
Los Angeles Superior Court:
For information on impacts to the LA Superior Court please visit their website: http://www.lacourt.org/.