Agendas, Agenda Packets, Minutes and Video/Audio Recordings
City Council Meetings
COVID-19 UPDATE REGARDING CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS
Governor Newsom issued Executive Orders (N-25-20 and N-29-20), which temporarily suspend certain requirements of the Brown Act. Pursuant to the Executive Orders, Council Members may attend City Council meetings telephonically and the City Council is not required to make available a physical location from which members of the public may observe the meeting and offer public comment.
On March 19, 2020, the Governor issued Executive Order N-33-20, directing that all individuals living in the State of California stay at home or their place of residence except as needed to maintain the continuity of operations of designated federal critical infrastructure sectors.
Consistent with the Governor’s Executive Orders, please be advised that the City Council Chambers are closed to the public and that some, or all, of the West Covina City Council Members may attend this meeting telephonically.
Due to the essential nature of City Council meetings in conducting official City business, the April 7, 2020 City Council meeting will take place as scheduled, with the following changes and additional opportunities to participate:
- CHAMBERS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. The City Council Chambers will be closed to the public.
- E-MAILED PUBLIC COMMENT. Members of the public that wish to address the Council during public comment or a public hearing may submit public comments via e-mail to the City Clerk at City_Clerk@westcovina.org. The subject line should specify either “Public Comment – 4/7/20” or “Public Hearing – Item No. [ ] – 4/7/20”. Please include your full name and address in your e-mail. The City Clerk will read emails received by 6:30PM the day of the Council meeting out loud into the public record.
All email comments must be received by 6:30PM the day of the meeting.
- TELEPHONIC ACCESSIBILITY. If you wish to address the Council by telephone during public comment or a public hearing, you may contact the City Clerk by email or by telephone to advise the City Clerk that you would like to address the Council during public comment or a public hearing.
If emailing such request, please send an email by 6:30PM on the day of the Council meeting to City_Clerk@westcovina.org that includes your name, contact number, and item you wish to comment on, and you will be called during public comment. The subject line of your email should specify either “Public Comment – 4/7/20” or “Public Hearing – Item No. [ ] – 4/7/20”.
If you would like to make such request by phone, please contact the City Clerk at (626) 939-8433 by no later than 6:30PM on the day of the Council meeting to make the request and provide your name, contact number, and the item you wish to speak on.
You must submit your phone number by 6:30PM the day of the meeting, if you wish to speak.
- LIVE STREAM/RECORDING OF CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS. Members of the public may watch City Council meetings live through the West Covina City YouTube channel at www.westcovina.org/LIVE. Council meeting videos are also posted to the City’s YouTube channel after each meeting.
The City of West Covina thanks you in advance for taking all precautions to prevent spreading the COVID-19 virus.
You may also access the City Council Meeting live video feed at the below link.
The West Covina City Council meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month at 7 p.m. in the Council Chambers. The West Covina City Council also serves as members of the Community Development Commission, the Housing Authority, the Public Financing Authority and the West Covina Community Services Foundation.
- City Council Public Hearing Notices
Planning Commission Meetings
The West Covina Planning Commission meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers.
Community & Senior Services Commission Meetings
The Community & Senior Services Commission meets every other month in ODD numbered months, on the 2nd Tuesday of every other month at 6:00 p.m. in the Management Resource Center on the 3rd floor room 314, City Hall.
Human Resources Commission Meetings
In the interest of preserving the health and safety of City employees and the public during the COVID-19 Safer at Home Order, the City of West Covina will be cancelling all Human Resources Commission meetings until further notice. If there are further questions or concerns regarding the cancellation of these meetings, please contact Human Resources at (626) 939-8450.
The Human Resources Commission meets every other month in EVEN numbered months on the 2nd Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. in the Management Resource Center (3rd Floor) Room.