The City of West Covina is monitoring the evolving situation regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The City is closely following the guidance of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (Public Health) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to respond to recent reports of a novel (new) coronavirus. Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses, some causing respiratory illness in people and others that circulate mostly among animals. Common symptoms in an infected person include fever, cough and shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
For the latest public information news release, click here.
The state of California has launched a website dedicated to news and information about COVID-19: covid19.ca.gov
- Impacts to City of West Covina Operations
- Other Closures within the City
- County of Los Angeles Public Health Department
- Links to Information
The City has temporarily closed various facilities until further notice and suspended City-sponsored events until April 19, 2020.
While City Hall has been closed to the public we continue to maintain services to our residents and the community. We continue to be available online and by phone. Please see how to get hold of the services
- Police -
- Front Lobby is closed
- Non-emergency Police Reports can be completed online or by phone (626) 939-8500
(Forgery,child custody,harassing phone calls, lost property, theft, vandalism, vehicle burglary/tampering, non-injury hit and run, property damage)
- Police Records can be obtained by contacting WCPD Records Division (626) 939-8540
- Building -
- Plan-Submittal/Plan-Check/Permit Issuance - Please call (626) 939-8425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inspections - Please call (626) 939-8425
- Engineering -
- Please call (626) 939-8425
- Planning -
- Application Submittal/Plan-Review/Entitlement Approval - Please call (626) 939-8422 or email JBurns@westcovina.org
- Plan-submittal/Plan-Check/Permit Issuance - Please call (626) 939-8823
- Other services:
City Facility Closures:
- Fire Station's (to the public)
- Cameron Community Center
- Shadow Oak Community Center
- Cortez Park Community & Senior Center
- There is an Emergency Meal Service for Seniors being provided. Please see the Menu for information.
- Here are some answers to frequently asked questions:
- We are encouraging for all seniors 65+ to stay home. If there are seniors that are WC Residents 65+ years they or someone they know can call and be added to the delivery service for the following day by calling 626-331-5366. Meals will be delivered between the hours of 12-3 pm depending on the demand.
Currently we are not providing meal delivery service to nonresidents. Please check with your local city.
Anyone can come by the drive-thru service to pick up a meal for their senior neighbor, friend, family member (no city jurisdiction guidelines).
60 years of age and older is considered a senior and eligible for the program.
There will be a Food Bank distribution of 200 non-perishable food kits distributed on Tuesday, March 24 beginning at 11 am to the first 200 seniors 60 and older.
Currently due to the emergency situation, we are not able to provide a fully low sodium restricted diet.
- Palmview Daycare
- Vine School Daycare
- Wescove School Daycare
City Classes, Services, Rentals, and Trips have been cancelled until further notice: For trips, account credits are strongly encouraged. Credit card payments can be refunded to the card, Cash/Check payments will be refunded in 6-8 weeks.
Dial-A-Ride & Travel Time Tours will continue to offer their services.
Playgrounds are temporarily closed. The open park space is still available to walk, exercise, or spend time with your family. Residents must still comply with LA County Health order requiring social distancing guidelines and no gatherings of 10 people or more.
- Free Sight Clinic - Cancelled
- Student Government Day - Cancelled
- Senior Center St. Patrick's Day Party - Cancelled
- Suburban Water Landscape Workshop - Cancelled
- Score Workshop - Cancelled
- Easter Eggstraveganza - Cancelled
- Electronic Waste - Cancelled
Smart Gardening Workshop – Cancelled
- Earth Arbor Day - Postponed (event will be reevaluated on April 13)
- Free Compost Event – Postponed (May 2)
- Cherry Blossom Festival - Postponed (May 30)
City Council Meetings:
On March 12, 2020, Governor Newsom issued Executive Order N-25-20, which allows Councilmembers to attend City Council meetings telephonically. Please be advised that some, or all, of the West Covina City Councilmembers may attend this meeting telephonically.
Due to the essential nature of City Council meetings in conducting official City business, City Council meeting will take place as scheduled at 7 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, with the following changes, additional opportunities to participate, and reminders:
E-MAILED PUBLIC COMMENT – Please note that you may submit your public comments via email to City_Clerk@westcovina.org with the subject “Public Comment - (Meeting Date)”. The City Clerk will read emails received by 6:30PM the day of the Council meeting out-loud into the public record. You may verify that your comment was read by watching the City Council meeting through https://www.westcovina.org/departments/city-clerk-/meeting-agendas.
CANCELLED PRESENTATIONS – Please note the scheduled presentations on, are cancelled until further notice. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the City Manager’s Office at (626) 939-8401.
SOCIAL DISTANCING AT THE MEETING – We strongly encourage the public to watch our City Council meeting remotely, online or on TV. In line with public health recommendations, we ask that anyone who is experiencing cold or flu like symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, or fever to please stay home, except to get medical care.
LIVE FEED/RECORDING OF CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS – As a reminder, all our City Council meetings can be watched live through the West Covina City YouTube Channel. You may also see the live recording on the following day through our Video Archive on https://www.westcovina.org/departments/city-clerk-/meeting-agendas.
For business clsoures please visit the City's page on Information & Resources for Businesses
For information on school closures please visit your School District's website:
- West Covina Unified School District
- Covina-Valley United School District
- Rowland Unified School District
- Walnut Valley Unified School District
- Hacienda La Puente Unified School District
- Baldwin Park Unified School District
- Bassett Unified School District
Los Angeles Superior Court:
For information regarding the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health please visit their website.
The translation of the Health Officer Orders FAQ (what does it mean, what business are essential etc.) are now available online in the following languages: English, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Arabic, and Cambodian.
Link: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/coronavirus/ (Right column, What You should Know - click on Health Officer Order and download the languages needed).
The following are the County's issued Health Orders:
- Safer at Home Order for Control of COVID-19 - March 19, 2020
- Revised Order Safer at Home Order for Control of COVID-19 - March 21, 2020