Gaucho Grill Argentine Steakhouse (Gaucho Grill) is a full-service restaurant and bar, serving traditional Argentine-style steaks, chicken, and fish flame-grilled. In addition to the more traditional dishes, Gaucho Grill offers a variety of salads, sandwiches, and vegetarian options.
Gaucho Grill West Covina is owned and managed by Mr. Kirk Cartozian and Mr. Adrian Amosa. In 2015, Mr. Cartozian partnered with Mr. Amosa to launch a modern Argentine steakhouse concept, Gaucho Grill Argentine Steakhouse, opening its first location in Downey in 2016. Their second restaurant, Gaucho Grill West Covina, is slated to open in the Summer 2018.
Gaucho Grill pays homage to the meat-loving spirit of Argentina’s first pioneers, the ranchers, and cowboys known as Gauchos. Their aim is to deliver a contemporary steakhouse that is inspired by tradition, values, and culture of the gaucho lifestyle.
In 2017, the City of West Covina implemented the Business Assistance Loan Program (BA), providing eligible businesses financial assistance for creating jobs in the community. The program’s first year awardee was Gaucho Grill, who will be transforming the former Silver Dragon Restaurant into a modern argentine steakhouse. Gaucho Grill was awarded a total of $239,999 for the creation of 12 full time equivalent (FTE) jobs.
Click here for more information about the Business Assistance Loan Program.
For more information about Gaucho Grill’s please read the following:
As a result of the development, Gaucho Grill is anticipated to create approximately 65 new part time and full-time jobs and generate approximately $30,000 to $40,000 in annual sales tax revenue to the City.
- 3,140 square-feet building with 1,216 square-feet patio
- Planning Entitlements approved on December 12, 2017
- Conditional Use Permit – Allow for live Entertainment
- Administrative Use Permit – Allow for roof signage
- Planning Director’s Modification – Remodel the façade of the building
- Administrative Review – Allow for outdoor seating
- August 2017 – Purchase of the former Silver Dragon Restaurant
- February 1, 2018 – Start of Construction
- February 26, 2018 – Groundbreaking Ceremony
- Summer 2018 – Anticipated Construction Completion