The Ambulance Subscription Program offers West Covina residents an affordable means of paying emergency medical services and ambulance transportation costs not covered by medical insurance.
While no one plans on needing emergency ambulance transportation, here are the facts:
The response to an emergency 9-1-1 call with equipment and personnel at a basic life support (BLS) level costs $1,523.00 per occurrence.*
The response to an emergency 9-1-1 call with equipment and personnel at an advanced life support (ALS) level costs $2,282.00 per occurrence.*
The program is a great value for you and your family even if you have insurance or Medicare since most plans do not pay the entire emergency ambulance transportation bill. Medi-Cal patients don't need to apply since the emergency ambulance transportation provided to Medi-Cal patients does not result in a co-payment/deductible owed after Medi-Cal is billed.
As an active Ambulance Subscription Program member, your $69.00 annual enrollment fee covers any deductible or co-payment you might otherwise incur resulting from emergency medical care and transportation by the West Covina Fire Department. When emergency medical service is provided, your medical insurance will be billed. Whatever portion is paid by your insurance will be considered as payment in full. It is not necessary to have insurance to participate in the Ambulance Subscription Program.
By joining the Ambulance Subscription Program for $69.00/year, your membership will provide the following benefits:
- 12 months of coverage from the date your payment was received.
- No co-payment/deductible due after your insurance is billed for the emergency ambulance transport.
- An active subscription will cover an unlimited number of emergency ambulance transports.
- Coverage for every family member who lives in your household, anywhere in West Covina.
- Umbrella coverage for visitors to the subscriber's household.
- An active subscription will waive the EMS Assessment Fee ($289), charged for cost recovery purposes when treatment is provided by the West Covina Fire Department but the patient is not transported.
- A membership card to obtain discounts at participating businesses in West Covina (program pending).
Finally, it's important to remember that for the Ambulance Subscription Program to apply, members must have an active subscription prior to the date of the emergency ambulance transport. Renewal notices will be mailed to active subscribers approximately one month before their subscription expires. To learn more about the program, please review the following handouts:
To apply for the Ambulance Subscription Program or renew an existing subscription, please contact the City vendor in charge of the program (Wittman Enterprises, LLC), at 800-906-6552 (press option 4 to bypass the menu). Alternatively, to apply, renew, or make an online payment, please select the link below:
Should you have any questions or comments about the program, please contact the West Covina Fire Department at (626) 939-8824 or by sending an email to email@example.com.