Mayor Pro Tem Tony Wu: Together We Are Making A Difference
- Shop Local After School Program: Rowland Unified School District Joined this excellent program.
- Sister City International Recognition: Added a new sister city: Fushun, China
- The Lakes (Performing Arts Square): Had successful performances by various student groups and increased pedestrian traffic in this area.
- Fire Safety: Surveyed all fire hazard areas to clear overgrown trees and brush.
- Development: Relentlessly sought big developments to strengthen the future of West Covina.
- Branding: Promoted the city to gradually become better known as a great city.
- Community Events: Sought out new events including the free medical charity clinic at the senior center.
- Infrastructure: Repaved roads that had been obsolescent and needing rehabilitation.
- Elections: Received the approval of my residents to elect me s their councilman for district 5.
- Budget: Make sure the city can balance the budget without cutting public safety services.
- Public Safety: Hire more public safety officials to reduce crime in our neighborhoods.
- Improve Government: Work to build an efficient government that is lean and mean to better serve the residents.
- Increase Revenue: Create a more business friendly community to generate revenue.
- Branding & Development: Finalize big developments that are on the table and attract more businesses to come to our community.
- Integrate Cultural Arts: Introduce new programs, art festivals, art galleries and a performing arts center to make West Covina a cultural center.