Items Needed for a Special Event Permit:
Depending on the Request
|Type of Request||1||2||3||4||5||6|
|Minor Promotional Event for Commercial Business:Outdoor Display Only||X||X||X||X||X|
|Minor Promotional Event for Commercial Business:Promotional Signs Only||X||X||X||X||X|
|Minor Promotional Event for Commercial Business:Outdoor Display AND Promotional Signs||X||X||X||X||X||X|
1. Filing Fee: $347.00 flat fee plus $50.00 per banner.
2. Application: Available on our Applications/Forms page (NOTE: for outdoor events, signature of application includes an agreement to clean up the site after the event.)
3. Description of Proposal: Answer the questions on pages 3 and 4 of the hard copy application.
4. Plot Plan: Must be drawn as close to scale as practical , containing the following points of information: 1) property lines, 2) building footprints, 3) parking area layout, 4) names of streets, and 5) location of all driveways and access points.
5. Elevation Plans: Sketch the exterior of the building on which the banner or other devices is to be located, showing 1) the placement of the banner, 2) its size, 3) its colors, and 4) the proposed copy (lettering).
6. Certificate of Insurance: Must be of a minimum of $500,000.00 CSL with the name City of West Covina as Additional Insureds for the purposes of the event.