In 2014, the City of West Covina unveiled its new Go West Transit fleet. The fleet includes seven new alternative fuel, environmentally-friendly vehicles, that is utilized for both the City's fixed-route shuttle service and the dial-a-ride service.
Effective June 1, 2019, the City of West Covina will implement a senior discount rate of $0.50 per ride ($1.00 round trip) for Dial-A-Ride and the Go West Fixed Route Shuttle System for riders ages 55+ years of age.
Go West Shuttle Service
The Go West Shuttle service consists of three alignments (Red, Blue, and Green) that serve destinations throughout the city including Plaza West Covina, Eastland Shopping Center, Heights Shopping Center, West Covina Civic Center, West Covina Senior Center, Cameron Community Center, and many more. Click here to view the Go West Shuttle Brochure and Map.
- For questions on the location of shuttle stops, assistance in locating the stop closest to you, and route schedules please call (800) 425-5777.
- The fixed-route service operates Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- The fare is only $1.00 each way. Senior discount of $0.50 each way for riders age 55+
- No Service on Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, President's Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, and Independence Day.
To view the Go West Shuttle Schedules, please click on the route below.
Go West Dial-A-Ride Service
The City's dial-a-ride program is a shared-ride serviced for seniors (age 55 and older) as well as persons with disabilities residing within West Covina.
- Riders must preregister for the service utilizing one of the printable applications available below.
- Dial-a-ride services is Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- No Service on Saturdays
- Limited Sunday service is available from 8:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
- The fare is only $0.50 dollar each way.
- To make pick-up & return appointments please call 1-800-425-5777
See this page for additional Dial-A-Ride Information.
Print and complete the appropriate dial-a-ride application and submit with a copy of your state ID card to:
City of Cortez Community & Senior Center
2501 East Cortez Street
West Covina, CA 91792
Applications take about 5-7 business days to process. Once approved, you will receive a postcard in the mail authorizing you to begin your service.
Clients may travel to/from any location with city limits for any purpose. The service area extends 3 miles outside city limits for medical trips only.
Please refer to the below map for additional information.
Contact Information for West Covina Transit Services
For further details regarding the West Covina Transit Services call the Community Services Department at (626) 939-8430. If you wish to communicate a compliment or concern about West Covina's transit services, send an email to WC.Transit@westcovina.org or you can download and print the Transit Services Form and follow the included instructions for submitting it to the City.
External Transit Agencies Serving the Community
The following transit agencies also serve West Covina and the region. Please see the attached links and contact information for additional Transit services:
|- Access Services||www.asila.org/home||(800) 827-0829|
|- County of Los Angeles||www.dpw.lacounty.gov/PDD/Transit||(626) 458-5960|
|- Foothill Transit||www.foothilltransit.org||(800) 743-3463|
|- Metrolink Trains||www.metrolinktrains.com||(800) 371-5465|
|- Southern California Rideshare Program||www.commutesmart.info||(213) 922-2811|